My Type in the Keirsey Temperament Sorter

I will be considering:

-The Mastermind (INTJ, Contender Rational)
-The Architect (INTP, Accommodating Rational)
-The Counselor (INFJ, Contender Idealist)
-The Healer (INFP, Accommodating Idealist)



Levels of fit for particular points:
4 - Yes/strong agreement
3 - Maybe/significant agreement, but some issues
2 - Meh/a lot of problems, but a tiny bit of truth
1 - No/mostly or total disagreement



The Mastermind (INTJ, Contender Rational):
Mastermind total:
-Yes: 1
-Maybe: 11
-Meh: 7
-No: 6

(No)- First of all, I honestly don't like the name "Mastermind".  It sounds like it might attract people who narcissistically want to think of themselves as a mastermind, or that it might push people away who might really resemble the type but wouldn't identify with such a bombastic title.

(Maybe)- I do relate to the Mastermind in that I am very inclined to think forward and think about what might go wrong, whether that's in doing a project, the timing of the release, going on a vacation.  I'd like to be prudent and prepared.  However, I rarely set up strict contingency plans; in fact, I don't plan much at all.  Planning is unnatural for me.  Rather, I holistically consider what I might need to prepare for, and I make sure I'd be able to deal with the eventuality.  I do relate to a readiness to switch to alternative courses of action if necessary.

(Maybe)- In relation to being a rational in general: I am definitely abstract in communication, utilitarian is a maybe.  I do study various sciences.  Technology interests me, but doesn't preoccupy me.  I work quite well with systems.  I do have a certain belief in pragmatism.  Skepticism is a core value, and an ongoing principle I try to apply holistically to my life to reach ataraxia.  Relativism is important and easy for me to grasp.  I've always been good at geometry, but I don't know if that means I am spatially focused.  I don't necessary focus on particular intervals of time, but rather the process of time in general.  I sort of narcissistically regard myself as ingenious, autonomous and resolute.  I would choose to be calm if possible.  I only trust reason if it is applied with epistemological principles in mind.  Achieving things is nice and I definitely have ambitious goals, but I can be a little slow in getting there.  I've always been a massive knowledge seeker.  Deference is not important to me, not prized at all really.  Certainly the wizard archetype has always inspired me, maybe more than any other, but not merely in relation to science and technology.  I'm not sure I practice strategy more than diplomacy, but perhaps.  I definitely find logistics to be tedious, but also not very difficult.

(No)- I do not have a schedule-minded nature, and prefer to live on my own time.  It's almost always been hard for me to stick to any schedule.

(No)- I don't really believe that introverted intuitive types are rare (tests are not strong evidence of that in my opinion since most tests are very simplistic and flawed representations of personality), and I think that myth leads to more narcissism and attracting the wrong kinds of people, so I have to disagree with that.

(Yes)- It is true that I am somewhat of a recluse, mostly spending time on the internet, although I can be pretty expressive there.

(Meh)- I am not eager to take command, but I get the sense that I am even more reluctant to lead than the Mastermind, since I already have enough independent projects on my plate.  I just don't have the time or energy for such pragmatic leadership.

(No)- I do not see reality as nothing more than a chessboard for working out and refining strategies.  I think that's offensively cold, even kind of sleazy.

(Yes)- I am very open-minded in considering ideas for plans or theories, as long as it has promise of utility.  I don't care who the author is, or intrinsically about authority.

(Meh)- I am a pretty indecisive person, and I do not come easily or quickly to decisions.  I can be self-confident in other areas that would scare people, and be very stubborn in those areas, but my willing for working is not that strong.

(Meh)- I wouldn't say difficulty on its own is stimulating to me, but rather working on what is most interesting or important to me: what will generate the most understanding and healing.

(No)- I am definitely more focused on developing theoretical models than translating them into actuality.  I wish I was more focused on developing models into actuality, but that is quite rare.  This may change later in life.

(Meh)- I do not work long and hard unless it is on some debate or topic I feel is urgent, and need to shift my work a lot to stay interested.  My interests tend to stay similar for long periods, but it's hard to stay focused on the same goal for a long time and I am easily bored.  I might be more conscientious for others than myself, since I may not want to disappoint them.

(Meh)- I am certainly not interesting in dwelling on mistakes of the past and I believe in forgiveness, but I am very critical in nature and point out all of the flaws in topics most important to me.  I may try to be kind and polite about it, as long as other people are being that way.  I do not avoid the shadow in favor of the positive.

(Maybe)- I am a person very immersed in my own mind and pursuits, which can lead me to neglect how others might view me, and may occasionally cause me to focus more on my interests than others.  But if you bring it to my attention, I am unlikely to maintain the single-mindedness and am usually eager to compromise.

(Maybe)-  I am very willing to realign operations for cost-effectiveness.  However, I don't necessarily look for the opportunity to get involved in such logistic concerns.

(Maybe)- I was a very high achiever in high school and won all sorts of awards, but in college I didn't do as well in standard academics and become more fascinated with my own independent studies.

(Meh)- I am not inclined to drive other people, and am not a demanding person.  Such confrontation grates on me.  However, I am capable of being harsh or angry on points that seem very important to me in the long-term prevention of bad outcomes.

(Meh)- I can easily make people feel incompetent with my incisive and nuanced criticism, but I usually try to be polite about it and to help rather than contend.  Therefore, it is not hard for me to stay at close psychological distance with most people.  I don't often prioritize abstract goals over the people those goals are meant to serve, although sometimes that is necessary if they don't realize what's at stake.

(Maybe)- I am actually pretty sensitive to criticism and psychological disharmony with others at a visceral level, but if I believe I am right enough then I am willing to endure it (and that occurs frequently enough: I can be pretty controversial).

(Maybe)- My loyalties aren't usually with particular people, unless they have certain skills that I value.  I am loyal and dedicated as long as I value the goal of a project, and if not then it's hard for me to care much about it.  I rarely stick out as a particularly dutiful employee, rather I usually have special skills that others admire.

(Maybe)- I do have a strong personality sometimes, and want others to be able to stand up to me rather than feel too dominated.  But sometimes others have a stronger personality than me, like my father.  Usually I am pretty agreeable, as long as you let me do my important projects.

(No)-  I am definitely not cold and calculating in choosing a mate.  Honestly the prospect of that sounds ridiculous to me.  This is someone you love, not a work partner.  I base my decisions in that regard more on my feelings, although of course I will consider the practical future of our relationship and if there are all alternatives then I would rather choose the pragmatic option.  Fundamentally it is a question of attraction and love.

(Maybe)- I do tend to majorly neglect social niceties and small talk, with strangers and loved ones.  However, this is not due to business and it doesn't make others feel hurried; it's just because I am so detached in my interests and pursuits that it is often hard to connect with most on that level.

(Maybe)- I am definitely not inclined to be expressive, in fact it can make me feel downright awkward.  I also don't like being touched by most. Others do get it out of me from time to time though, even to the point of being awkwardly expressive, so I am not sure.

(Maybe)- However, I am passionate person towards my loved ones, and they will see a lot more intensity than most.  I value, and am sensitive to, my connections with people that I value, and sometimes I trust too much and for too long to the point of hurting myself.



The Architect (INTP, Accommodating Rational):
Architect total:
-Yes: 11
-Maybe: 6
-Meh: 1
-No: 2

(Maybe)- I have always been drawn to systems design and have made systems for math, science and fantasy worlds since I was young.  There hasn't been a particularly spatial focus though, and I don't know if designing systematic structures is my main aim.  I do it a lot though, pretty automatically.

(No)- I definitely do not see the world as raw material to be reshaped according to my design.  I'd rather build and understand structure in harmony with what exists.  I am not really inclined to reorganize nature and society, unless it serves some higher purpose I have.  I am very flexible about the organization of things and can work with many structures rather than imposing my own.

(Maybe)- In relation to being a rational in general: I am definitely abstract in communication, utilitarian is a maybe.  I do study various sciences.  Technology interests me, but doesn't preoccupy me.  I work quite well with systems.  I do have a certain belief in pragmatism.  Skepticism is a core value, and an ongoing principle I try to apply holistically to my life to reach ataraxia.  Relativism is important and easy for me to grasp.  I've always been good at geometry, but I don't know if that means I am spatially focused.  I don't necessary focus on particular intervals of time, but rather the process of time in general.  I sort of narcissistically regard myself as ingenious, autonomous and resolute.  I would choose to be calm if possible.  I only trust reason if it is applied with epistemological principles in mind.  Achieving things is nice and I definitely have ambitious goals, but I can be a little slow in getting there.  I've always been a massive knowledge seeker.  Deference is not important to me, not prized at all really.  Certainly the wizard archetype has always inspired me, maybe more than any other, but not merely in relation to science and technology.  I'm not sure I practice strategy more than diplomacy, but perhaps.  I definitely find logistics to be tedious, but also not very difficult.

(No)- I don't really believe that introverted intuitive types are rare (tests are not strong evidence of that in my opinion since most tests are very simplistic and flawed representations of personality), and I think that myth leads to more narcissism and attracting the wrong kinds of people, so I have to disagree with that.

(Maybe)- I do spend a lot more time analyzing and trying to understand the world than most, but I wouldn't say that is primarily why the world exists.  Living life is important to, and the world is a living mystery, not a problem to be solved.

(Yes)- It's very important to me that things are stated correctly and clearly. That is not always easy, and of course mistakes need to be tolerated, but that is a worthy goal.

(Yes)- I have always been driven to understand what I regard as the most fundamental disciplines, in which everything can start to be understood better and with mutual integrity.  I am willing to be misunderstood and go way off the beaten path of what others understand and accept.  I am an absolutely voracious learner, so much so that I need to prioritize my learning otherwise I get overwhelmed by all that I want to learn.

(Yes)- I am constantly on the lookout for various natural law and technological principles.

(Meh)- While I have a very good sense of contextuality and what is relevant to the issue at hand, my cognitive scanning is actually pretty diffuse and global a lot of the time.  It can become very specific if it needs to.  But more often, I am interested in the pattern that connects, and how everything is connected in a complex system.

(Maybe)- My concentration is pretty good, but can be disrupted, and I switch focus a lot.  I do often persevere to understand things that I don't yet, especially if they are important to me, and sometimes even for fun problems.

(Yes)- I can definitely come across as snobbish in my intellectual activity, and it may generate more hostility than necessary.  But I like to think I've become better about it over the years.

(Yes)- I very easily spot distinctions and inconsistencies that many others can have a hard time following.  Authority means vastly less to me than coherence.

(Yes)- I am a natural debater and overwhelm others with my differential analysis and walls of text all the time, though that isn't the purpose.  The purpose is thoroughness of understanding, eliminating any inconsistency, etc.  And I annoy the crap out of people in casual conversations, especially family members, who I might not even be able to answer questions for if they did not phrase them correctly.

(Yes)- I have always been thrilled by mathematics and logic, and ultimately want a career that makes more usage of them.  I much prefer such abstract models to working with physical shapes, the latter of which is boring and demotivating by contrast.  I have little patience or skill with clerical jobs since I'm always off in my head at the first opportunity.

(Yes)- It is difficult for people to understand my speech at times if they are not well-versed in the subjects that I study.  I generally prefer to work with advanced students and find them to be more thrilling challenge.

(Yes)- I do prefer to work alone without interruptions, and have always found group work tedious and demotivating.  I have always had an inclination to be shy, although circumstances have caused me to try to be less shy and more courageous and outgoing, but that is not without significant discomfort.  Few see me at my true level of complexity, because few are interested in the rabbit holes I'm interested in, and even for those who are I rarely I am able to express most of my thoughts to since they are complex and take a lot of work to be presentable to an audience.  The idea of having a support staff to capture my ideas before I move on sounds great, but a little excessively self-important.

(Yes)- I certainly intend to be faithful and devoted in my relationships, and my partner usually feels my care in that regard and expresses it to me.  I am very preoccupied and miss social rituals and conventions a lot.  I generally retreat into books and the internet until my physical and emotional needs become painful, precisely.

(Yes)- Generally I am very adaptable and complaint in matters of living, unless one of my principles is violated in which case I can become intractably stubborn.

(Maybe)- I do often offend the sensitivities of others in my living space due to my preoccupation, but also people can be surprised at my warmth towards them and I often do understand them better than I give myself credit for (and I fail to act on my feelings when I turned out to be right all along so I can lack confidence in my understanding even if it's there).

(Maybe)- I'm not particularly inclined to ask for a rationale from others, but I do remember a lot about what people say and do, if I value them and not at the stage of tuning them out for constantly annoying me.



So far, the Rational Architect (INTP, Accommodating Rational) fits me by far better than the Rational Mastermind.

Idealists coming soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Psychosophy Clubs and Sextas

SHS Subtypes Reference 2022

My General Understanding of Psychosophy